Dress Code Philosophy
Purdue Polytechnic High School’s uniform requirements are intended to foster community by reducing socio-economic differences and ensuring safety. Our students should be judged on the merits of their actions, not on the labels or expense of their clothing. PPHS students will be interacting with numerous professionals and community members; keeping our students safe is our top priority.
Furthermore, PPHS will consistently drive towards excellence and innovation through all of our actions. By reducing the focus on what we wear, we can put our energy into what we create and accomplish together. Therefore, students are expected to be in uniform at all times during school.
We are thrilled to offer PPHS branded gear through our online BSN Spirit Stores! Students may wear any PPHS or Purdue University branded gear as a part of their school uniform.
Dress Code Policy
Students are not allowed to:
- Modify, embellish, or deface (including writing on) their uniform in any way
- Wear chains, spiked jewelry, or jewelry/accessories that represent violence in any manner
- Wear sunglasses in the school building.
- Wear slide-on sandals, flip-flops, slippers, or excessively high heels
- Purdue Branded Shirt or Outerwear, these do not have to be specific to the high school, Purdue University branded items are acceptable as well.
- Khakis, Jeans, Shorts, Skirts, Skorts, or Capris
- May not sag or be excessively loose, tight, and/or short (fingertips)
- Must be intact and clean, not ripped
Must be business or business casual attire
ADDITIONAL UNIFORM RULES
Students will not be permitted at school without the proper attire. Students out of uniform will be provided with a temporary loaner that must be returned at the end of the day.