We’re re-engineering high school and we want YOU to be part of it.
As a PPHS coach, you ARE VALUED.
Purdue Polytechnic High School is committed to providing a supportive, welcoming environment to all our staff. We know that you’ll likely have a lot of questions before joining a school this different and, rest assured, you’ll have the guidance and support you’ll need to be successful from day one.
Purdue Polytechnic High School offers employees:
- Employer contribution to retirement benefits: TRF or 403(b)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Child Care Discount
- Professional development scheduled regularly throughout the year
- Competitive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, vision, disability)
- Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness reimbursement program
Are you ready to be a PPHS coach? Take the next step and apply now!
What IS the difference between a 'Teacher' and an 'eDUCATIONAL Coach'?
Just about everything at PPHS is different – even our job titles! At PPHS, we believe our teachers are less like instructors and more like coaches, guiding our students along their educational journey, encouraging and supporting them rather than disseminating information. That’s why we call all of our teachers “coaches.”
What IS THE DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PPHS COACH?
Coaches meet with their Advisory class, our version of a homeroom, every morning and afternoon to identify student goals, monitor their progress, discuss current events and check in on their well-being.
From there, our coaches might support students with small group remediation and enrichment followed by the best part of the day: Passion Projects.
Passion Projects are eight-week, coach-designed activities that enable students to learn both academic content and competency skills. For example:
- Are you a chess master? Join Coach Tom in his “Capture the King” chess project.
- Passionate about engineering & sustainability? Check out Coach Duffey’s “Design a Tiny House” project.
- Movie Buff? You might enjoy Coach Longest’s project on 1950s history through the lens of Back to the Future.
- Love the outdoors? Join Coach LaBounty's Urban Agriculture project to grow a hydroponic garden.
As a PPHS Coach, you will be supported every step of the way by Lead Coaches, the PPHS Network Support Team, and your Building Principal. We know that PPHS is different - and we're here to make sure you have the support, resources, and opportunity to succeed!
Learn more about the Referendum here