We’re re-engineering high school and we want YOU to be part of it.
At Purdue Polytechnic High School (PPHS), you’ll never hear the phrase, “It’s always been done this way.” Persistent innovation is at the heart of everything we do and we wouldn’t have it any other way. We break down barriers, make connections and provide an opportunity for students and teachers alike to follow their passions.
We are on a mission to make school an equitable place where students are empowered to change the world. We are committed to creating an opportunity for underrepresented minority students to not only just succeed within the walls of PPHS, but to thrive after graduation, whether that is in a rigorous post-secondary education at Purdue University or a sustainable and rewarding career.
What IS the difference between a 'Teacher' and a 'Coach'?
Just about everything at PPHS is different – even our job titles! At PPHS, we believe our teachers are less like instructors and more like coaches, guiding our students along their educational journey, encouraging and supporting them rather than disseminating information. That’s why we call all of our teachers “coaches.” All content coaches are licensed teachers.
What does a PPHS coach do?
Coaches meet with their Personal Learning Community, our version of a homeroom, every morning and afternoon to identify student goals, monitor their progress, and check in on their well-being.
From there, our coaches might support students with small group remediation and enrichment followed by the best part of the day: Passion Projects.
Passion Projects are six-week, coach-designed activities that enable students to learn both academic content and competency skills. For example:
- Are you a chess master? Join Coach Tom in his “Capture the King” chess project.
- Passionate about engineering & sustainability? Check out Coach Duffey’s “Design a Tiny House” project.
- Movie Buff? You might enjoy Coach Longest’s project on 1950s history through the lens of Back to the Future.
- Love the outdoors? Join Coach LaBounty's Urban Agriculture project to grow a hydroponic garden.
As a PPHS Coach, you will be supported every step of the way by Lead Coaches, the PPHS Network Team, and your Building Principal. We know that PPHS is different - and we're here to make sure you have the support, resources, and opportunity to succeed!
As a PPHS coach, you ARE VALUED.
Purdue Polytechnic High School is committed to providing a supportive, welcoming environment to all our staff. We know that you’ll likely have a lot of questions before joining a school this different and, rest assured, you’ll have the guidance and support you’ll need to be successful from day one.
Purdue Polytechnic High School offers employees:
- Employer contribution to retirement benefits: TRF or 403(b)
- Paid time off
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Professional development scheduled regularly throughout the year
- A supportive, collaborative environment
- Competitive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, vision, disability)
- Wellness reimbursement program
Are you ready to be a PPHS coach? Take the next step and apply now!