Purdue Polytechnic High School (PPHS) Downtown will take residence in its permanent location inside the former P.R. Mallory factory building in the 3000 block of East Washington Street after renovations are completed in mid-2019. In addition, school officials are nearing completion of their plans to open a second charter high school on Indianapolis’ north side, expanding their ability to serve urban high school studentsread more
JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT AT PURDUE POLYTECHNIC HIGH SCHOOL:
CLASS FORMAT, IN-CLASS EXPERIENCES, TEACHING STYLE, LEADERSHIP, AND GOALS FOR GRADUATES
Now Enrolling for two Indianapolis Campuses!
Purdue University is reinventing high school with Purdue Polytechnic High School.
- Too many students who are talented in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) are not succeeding or being challenged in today’s traditional education system.
- Our goal is to successfully prepare students for college and careers while providing skills necessary for an evolving workforce.
- Our groundbreaking teaching and learning techniques are being designed to help underrepresented and underserved students thrive and gain valuable STEM knowledge and skills.
- With a heavy emphasis on learning by doing, the curriculum will give graduates deep knowledge, applied skills, and experiences in the workplace.
- This intense program can be a stepping stone to a college career at Purdue University or a direct pathway to a high-tech career, where graduates’ precise skills will help them be successful. Learn more about our academics.
Who should apply?
Students who are curious, inquisitive and action-oriented – wanting to experience the connection between the classroom and life. Learn more about our enrollment process.
Frequent Parent Questions
Do students wear uniforms?
Yes, view the current student uniform policy.
Is transportation to and from the school site provided?
IndyGo provides student transportation. All students have a year-round unlimited bus pass integrated with their student ID. See the IndyGo FAQ for more information