Purdue Polytechnic High School announced today its second charter school will open in the summer of 2019 in Broad Ripple, solidifying its commitment to Indianapolis’ north side and expanding its unique educational model to more urban high school studentsread more
Just About Everything is Different at Purdue Polytechnic High School
The class format, in-class experiences, teaching style, leadership and goals for our graduates are all unique. Purdue Polytechnic High School (PPHS) is a FREE Public Charter School that fully integrates STEM and Design Thinking.
Benefits of Attending
Students who attend Purdue Polytechnic High School will:
Learn through STEM and Design Thinking immersion
PPHS curriculum fully integrates STEM and industry standard Design Thinking.
Be inspired to learn (Personalized Learning)
Students are exposed to a wide variety of careers to help them find passions inside and outside the classroom. Teachers and students work together to schedule individual and group learning with a range of formats.
Learn by doing
Our learn-by-doing environment inspires students to achieve their full potential.
Understand real-world application of their education
Students see first-hand how their eduation is applicable in real-world settings through our industry partnerships.
Earn direct admittance to Purdue/college/work
Students who graduate and successfully meet requirements are guaranteed direct admission to Purdue University. Graduates are also prepared to be successful in other universities or in their chosen technical profession.
Pay no tuition to attend PPHS
Tuition to attend PPHS is FREE!
Purdue University is reinventing high school with Purdue Polytechnic High School.
- Too many students who are talented in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) are not succeeding or being challenged in today’s traditional education system.
- Our goal is to successfully prepare students for college and careers while providing skills necessary for an evolving workforce.
- Our groundbreaking teaching and learning techniques are designed to help underrepresented and underserved students thrive and gain valuable STEM knowledge and skills.
- With a heavy emphasis on learning by doing, the PPHS curriculum will give graduates deep knowledge, applied skills, and experiences in the workplace.
- A PPHS education can be a stepping stone to a college career at Purdue University or a direct pathway to a high-tech career, where graduates’ precise skills will help them be successful. Learn more about our academics.
Who should apply?
We’re looking for students who are curious, inquisitive and action-oriented and who want to experience the connection between the classroom and life. Learn more about our enrollment process.
Frequent Parent Questions
Do students wear uniforms?
Yes — view the current student uniform policy.
Is transportation to and from the school site provided?
IndyGo provides student transportation. All students have a year-round unlimited bus pass integrated with their student ID. See the IndyGo FAQ for more information